Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ctlim's message #11946328 « Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice »

ctlim
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice

Oblivion

I set off to Iceland not very mindful of shooting northern lights but instead to capture some really good glacier ice flowing from the jokulsarlon lagoon to the black beach.

The sunset was inviting at the lagoon but I\'ve been there 2x already during this trip, so this time I took one shot early from the lagoon and rushed all by myself to the beach catching these blocks of ice amongst a few I took near the end of the shoreline. Sunset is quite different in this area during September as the sun sets behind the glacier and not directly on the horizon on the ocean side. So I was hoping for some light to reach the area before I decided to ditch the glacier lake.

Ironic, that I was all alone and the rest were shooting at the lagoon, basically the same stuff they had already taken the day previous.

the title, inspired by the movie OBLIVION.

Nov 20, 2013 at 02:21 AM

Previous versions of ctlim's message #11946328 « Lýðveldið Ísland | Land of Fire and Ice »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.