Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Tariq Gibran's message #11945036 « A7/A7r - performance with WA RF lenses »

Tariq Gibran
Upload & Sell: On
Re: A7/A7r - performance with WA RF lenses

RustyBug wrote:
Tariq Gibran wrote:
I don't believe though we have anything absolute about the A7r AA situation.

Nothing I know of confirmed yet. We are still in limbo between the marketing definition and what actual exists in the engineering of what A7R actually has or hasn't. Although the results speak for themselves in many regards ... either way @ none vs. single direction separate/reassemble (RF glass applicability notwithstanding). I'm just hoping for the true "no AA".

If we look at the designator for the D800E ... the illustration hints at the E standing for the "effects" of removing the OLPF. Makes me wonder if the R designator, as in the case of the RX1R means "removed" rather than "effects". If so, the A7R designator would yield hope of it actually being "removed". I don't recall if the RX1R is a true "removed" OLPF or not, though.

Nice find on the illustration, btw.

It has been claimed the "R" in RX1R simply stands for "Resolution". Sony marketing material seems to back this up. Interesting theory though.

"Product Description

The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R is a variation of the RX1, which had the impressive distinction of being the first full frame fixed lens camera to enter the market. The variation of the RX1R (the R stands for "resolution"),..."

http://gearshop.dpreview.com/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX1R-Compact-Camera/dp/B00DGQMJE0

Nov 19, 2013 at 08:47 PM

Previous versions of Tariq Gibran's message #11945036 « A7/A7r - performance with WA RF lenses »