Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Jman13's message #11929011 « Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread »

Jman13
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

I just got the Fuji 23/1.4 in today for testing for the next week. It\'s not mine, and I have to send it back next Wednesday, but I have it for now. I\'ve taken all of 5 pictures with it so far, so I can\'t comment much, except that it\'s sharp across 95% of the frame at f/1.4 and has gorgeous bokeh. It\'s a chunky lens, but surprisingly light and handles really nicely on the X-E1. Well built too...aperture ring feels nice. Far better than the one on the 14mm and close to how the 35mm and 60mm feel. It focuses a lot faster than the 35, even on the X-E1. I\'d imagine it\'ll be very, very quick on the X-E2. At first blush, it\'s also notably sharper than the 35mm at f/1.4, especially at the edges. Has a fair bit of longitudinal CA at close focus distances, though.

Here\'s a quick test shot:

In other good news, my X-E2 pre-order from B&H is in stock and has been sent to the warehouse for shipping! (and I notice, they are showing Silver in stock now) So, if they get it out tonight, I should have it in my hands tomorrow. (Worst case would be Thursday if they don\'t get it shipped until tomorrow).

Nov 12, 2013 at 05:42 PM

Previous versions of Jman13's message #11929011 « Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.