Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11928096 « Printer profiling advice experience. »

ben egbert
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Printer profiling advice experience.

Peter Figen wrote:
Ben - I'd like to know if printing through Ps gives you the exact same results as Q-Image. It should, but maybe there's something going on that we don't know about. Try printing one of your trouble images with Ps, using Ps Manages Color while choosing your profile in the pulldown - and print it both with Relative w/bpc and Perceptual.

One of the reasons I want to try making a profile for you is that I have great instrumentation and software and we can try two or three different versions of i1Profiler's perceptual settings. A lot of this is finding the right combination that works for you, your images, and your display ambience. It's worth spending a bit more paper and ink up front to streamline your process for the future.

I will need to break out a manual to figure out how to print from Photoshop. I think I have an old Kelty book that has a couple chapters on it. I think Photoshop hired the same guys who wrote the IRS tax manual to write the printer interface.

But I will do it. And thanks for your kind and generous offer, much appreciated.

Nov 12, 2013 at 03:29 PM

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11928096 « Printer profiling advice experience. »