Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of artd's message #11926274 « A new Canon DSLR coming this month? »

artd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

dhphoto wrote:
I don't know the figures but I'd bet at least 90% of Canon's camera sales are to rank amateurs who might just want a multi-coloured baby dslr.

This is great news as it provides money for R&D for the top end lines.

Ah, now I get it. No wonder Canon has fallen behind in sensor technology...they should've been making multi-colored cameras a long time ago!

Can't wait the technological breakthroughs this white camera will lead to now that they've finally figured out how to generate money for R&D

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
artd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A new Canon DSLR coming this month?

dhphoto wrote:
Canon's target market isn't primarily the kind of people who post here, on what is an enthusiasts/pro's site.

I don't know the figures but I'd bet at least 90% of Canon's camera sales are to rank amateurs who might just want a multi-coloured baby dslr.

This is great news as it provides money for R&D for the top end lines.

Ah, now I get it. No wonder Canon has fallen behind in sensor technology...they should've been making multi-colored cameras a long time ago!

Can't wait the technological breakthroughs this white camera will lead to now that they've finally figured out how to generate money for R&D

Nov 11, 2013 at 08:38 PM

Previous versions of artd's message #11926274 « A new Canon DSLR coming this month? »