Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of speedmaster20d's message #11908453 « Juvenile BO's and the role of equipment in bird photography »

speedmaster20d
Upload & Sell: On
Juvenile BO's and the role of equipment in bird photography

acjd wrote:
Question

If a 600 w 1.4 and 1dx is lightweight, what is heavyweight ?

An 8 x 10 view camera ?

Not trying to be cute. Serious question

It is lightweight compared to the old Canon 600mm f/4 IS MKI lens and also compared to the only competitor on the market which is the Nikon 600mm f/4 VR.

With proper technique and practice, most people in good health can handhold a super-telephoto rig like this one. I personally handhold this lens all the time day in and day out with no issues. It was difficult for me to handhold the old 600mm for more than hour in the field. So it was a big improvement for me.

Best

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:23 PM
speedmaster20d
Juvenile BO's and the role of equipment in bird photography

acjd wrote:
Question

An 8 x 10 view camera ?

It is lightweight compared to the old Canon 600mm f/4 IS MKI lens and also compared to the only competitor on the market which is the Nikon 600mm f/4 VR.

With proper technique and practice, most people in good health can handhold a super-telephoto rig to capture images like this. I personally handhold this lens all the time day in and day out with no issues. It was difficult for me to handhold the old 600mm for more than hour in the field.

Best

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:22 PM
speedmaster20d
Re: Juvenile BO's and the role of equipment in bird photography

acjd wrote:
Question

An 8 x 10 view camera ?

It is lightweight compared to the old Canon 600mm f/4 lens and also compared to the only competitor on the market which is the Nikon 600mm f/4 VR.

With proper technique and practice, most people in good health can handhold a super-telephoto rig to capture images like this. I personally handhold this lens all the time day in and day out with no issues. It was difficult for me to handhold the old 600mm for more than hour in the field.

Best

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Previous versions of speedmaster20d's message #11908453 « Juvenile BO's and the role of equipment in bird photography »