Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11902627 « Sony A7R sensor gets high scores from DxOMark »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony A7R sensor gets high scores from DxOMark

Mescalamba wrote:
skibum5 wrote:
Maybe it is due to the AA filter removal, considering these are bayer sensors I could imagine ways that might be damaging to color reproduction. Personally I think this should have had a least a weak AA filter in it, 36MP for FF isn't dense enough to get rid of the filter IMO, especially not if you have lenses that can handle it well. The lack of the AA filter is the one downside to how they made the sensor IMO. A weak AA filter in it would've been better I think and just in general too.

If you test colors by simply measuring color patches, then being Bayer or not or having AA or not, shouldnt make a difference. In real life, it might. And I agree that 36 mpix FF without AA filter isnt best idea.. (pixel density under 16 mpix APS-C isnt enough).

yeah i guess testing large patches it might all average out

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11902627 « Sony A7R sensor gets high scores from DxOMark »