Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of 3D.Doug's message #11899533 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »

3D.Doug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Joakim, honestly, I would have been as well off with a slower 24mm than the Summilux. I didn't need 1.4 speed for this lens at all, ok, maybe I didn't need it for any of my Lux's honestly, but I am glad my 35 and 50 are Luxes for sure. The 24, no, I didn't "need", but at the time I wanted to buy a great Leica lens. There was honestly nothing else in stock in new lenses! They hadn't really started turning out much slower glass at that point than Crons. So I figured I wanted a great landscape lens for Leica, I would honestly have bought a 21mm if they would have had it, but a 24 was what I found at the time. Even BH and Adorama didn't have any 24 luxes then. I found it elsewhere. IF I could get a great price for it, I would probably sell it and get a 21 slower lens and be happy. But if I have to take a beating to sell it, I'll just keep it as my wide and be happy.

It is an extremely good lens, no doubt! I don't shoot it as much as I wish, for what I have invested though. The 35 and 50 though, are bread and butter. the 75 I made myself pretty clear how much I like that lens. I recently cased my 24 and 90 together in my Leica backpack, in a protective Think Tank lens changer bag. Due to limited use, no point in them getting in my way most of the time. When I need it, it's there though and ready to create great shots like that tree shot.

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:00 PM

Previous versions of 3D.Doug's message #11899533 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »