Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jdc562's message #11899359 « Who gets depressed/frustrated? »

jdc562
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Who gets depressed/frustrated?

I'd suggest doing what I did: make a bucket list of places you want to photograph, and then start collecting information about each of these places. What's the best season(s) to photograph there? What are good vantage points? What views are so over-photographed that anything you do will be same-old? Where are the best places to stay? And so on.... I cut-and-paste the info into computer files for each place or region of interest.

Then, if you do get a chance to go to any of these places, you will be well prepared to make the best use of your trip. Meanwhile, you will get the vicarious thrills that comes with the research, or you maybe you will find that these places weren't as hot as you dreamed. It's best to find that out before you spend the travel money.

Meanwhile, practice locally. You live in British Columbia? You mean you live in a mecca for landscape and wildlife photography but you are sad you are not in Patagonia? Unlike most of us, you have the opportunity to take advantage of weather changes, light variations, etc., that make the most dramatic photos. As many others here recommended, take advantage of the great, special, enviable, opportunities you have where you are. Appreciate what you have. And it will prep you for elsewhere later.

Oct 30, 2013 at 05:47 PM
jdc562

I'd suggest doing what I did: make a bucket list of places you want to photograph, and then start collecting information about each of these places. What's the best season(s) to photograph there? What are good vantage points? What views are so over-photographed that anything you do will be same-old? Where are the best places to stay? And so on.... I cut-and-paste the info into computer files for each place or region of interest.

Then, if you do get a chance to go to any of these places, you will be well prepared to make the best use of your trip. Meanwhile, you will get the vicarious thrills that comes with the research, or you maybe you will find that these places weren't as hot as you dreamed.

Meanwhile, practice locally. You live in British Columbia? You mean you live in a mecca for landscape and wildlife photography but you are sad you are not in Patagonia? Unlike most of us, you have the opportunity to take advantage of weather changes, light variations, etc., that make the most dramatic photos. As many others here recommended, take advantage of the great, special, enviable, opportunities you have where you are. Appreciate what you have. And it will prep you for elsewhere later.

Oct 30, 2013 at 05:45 PM
jdc562

I'd suggest doing what I did: make a bucket list of places you want to photograph, and then start collecting information about each of these places. What's the best season(s) to photograph there? What are good vantage points? What views are so over-photographed that anything you do will be same-old? Where are the best places to stay? And so on.... I cut-and-paste the info into computer files for each place or region.

Then, if you do get a chance to go to any of these places, you will be well prepared to make the best use of your trip. Meanwhile, you will get the vicarious thrills that comes with the research, or you maybe you will find that these places weren't as hot as you dreamed.

Oct 30, 2013 at 05:45 PM

Previous versions of jdc562's message #11899359 « Who gets depressed/frustrated? »