Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11895591 « Sigma 12-24 On Full Frame (formerly "Sigma Repairs") »

Gunzorro
Upload & Sell: On
Sigma Repairs

I'm re-dipping a toe in to see if Sigma is really a better company regarding supporting their lenses.

I've just bought a used 12-24/4.5-5.6 DG HSM (version 1) on eBay. Seller had listed known defects such as severe back focus, some (relatively minor) scratches on front element, and no front hood. I'm concerned about the AF problems, as he said he always used it in manual focus mode with good results. Just ordered OP/TECH's Hood Hat to take care of the lens protection.

I know there is a 12-24 version II that is the current lens, but I'm hoping Sigma will support this lens and make needed repair/adjustment.

Is this the best place to send it?
Sigma Corporation of America
Attn: Service Department
15 Fleetwood Court
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

Is there anyone I should address to attention the repair? Any contact needed before shipping?

Any comments on similar repairs and the outcome dealing with Sigma?

How this matter is dealt with will probably have a big influence on whether I buy any of Sigma's newer offerings. I've previously had decidedly mixed results on earlier Sigma lenses.

Oct 29, 2013 at 02:49 AM

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11895591 « Sigma 12-24 On Full Frame (formerly "Sigma Repairs") »