Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of zhangyue's message #11883418 « Leica R Series Lenses »

zhangyue
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica R Series Lenses

Picture This! wrote:
If you want video, that seems to rule out the upcoming new FM3 digital from Nikon. You didn\'t say what your budget it.

I\'ve used Nikon D800e and Canon 5d3 & 6D with Leica and Zeiss MF lenses. I prefer the MF experience on Nikon. However, alt lenses are more easily adaptable on the canon with adapters. . I briefly tried out the A99 and was quite impressed with the ergonomics, build and the EVF.

There are some sample images from the a7* floating around. Given what we\'ve seen from the sony sensors, i think its safe to assume the image quality will be excellent. I would wait for that if possible. If you can\'t and want one now, my recommendation is to look at the D800e and A99.

Manu, I forget about Video But now rumor seems keep changing. it might have.
As for D800E, the reason I didn\'t recommend it is because of it is too much for manual focus to do everyday family type of shooting, especially for first time into MF thing.

For 21-35, the best bet will be A99 EVF, I feel that lens is useless for everyday handholding shooting, OVF will be dark, but i do enjoy its output by tripod and LV. It can focus down to 22mm after remove plastic tube. but with LV, you can reach 21mm as well. 80-200mm is also a poor choice due to its poor designed focus ring with very short throw. I can only focus reliably at 200mm end, 80mm at f4 is very hard to focus if not shooting short distance. My copy with Canon adaptor has focus breath. It could be adaptor is out of spec, I haven\'t try to Leitax it to Nikon yet.

A7r? not sure it is a heaven for R. too small. it will be a good match to 21-35 though, one of smallest FF zoom with less than 10 element design.

Ales, thanks for your nice comments
Douglas, wonderful portrait, color is indeed great.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
zhangyue
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica R Series Lenses

Picture This! wrote:
If you want video, that seems to rule out the upcoming new FM3 digital from Nikon. You didn\'t say what your budget it.

I\'ve used Nikon D800e and Canon 5d3 & 6D with Leica and Zeiss MF lenses. I prefer the MF experience on Nikon. However, alt lenses are more easily adaptable on the canon with adapters. . I briefly tried out the A99 and was quite impressed with the ergonomics, build and the EVF.

There are some sample images from the a7* floating around. Given what we\'ve seen from the sony sensors, i think its safe to assume the image quality will be excellent. I would wait for that if possible. If you can\'t and want one now, my recommendation is to look at the D800e and A99.

Manu, I forget about Video But now rumor seems keep changing. it might have.
As for D800E, the reason I didn\'t recommend it is because of it is too much for manual focus to do everyday family type of shooting, especially for first time into MF thing.

For 21-35, the best bet will be A99 EVF, I feel that lens is useless for everyday handholding shooting, OVF will be dark, but i do enjoy its output by tripod and LV. It can focus down to 22mm after remove plastic tube. 80-200mm is also a poor choice due to its poor designed focus ring with very short throw. I can only focus reliably at 200mm end, 80mm at f4 is very hard to focus if not shooting short distance. My copy with Canon adaptor has focus breath. It could be adaptor is out of spec, I haven\'t try to Leitax it to Nikon yet.

A7r? not sure it is a heaven for R. too small. it will be a good match to 21-35 though, one of smallest FF zoom with less than 10 element design.

Ales, thanks for your nice comments
Douglas, wonderful portrait, color is indeed great.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Previous versions of zhangyue's message #11883418 « Leica R Series Lenses »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.