Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of carstenw's message #11880269 « Official: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon »

carstenw
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon

wayne seltzer wrote:
The new 1.4 Nikkor doesn't perform as well as 35Gand 24G for center sharpness, so I am not that impressed by it.
This new Otus will be special WO and I can't wait to shoot with one on my D800E.

Ah, yes, the sharpness-is-everything school I am very impressed that Nikon had the balls to make such a design without placing the sharpness at the top of the list. It looks plenty sharp, just not world-beating sharp, which means that they put the emphasis on other things. In this case, I believe: boke. This is more of a medium-format approach, which interests me greatly.

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM
carstenw
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon

wayne seltzer wrote:
The new 1.4 Nikkor doesn't perform as well as 35Gand 24G for center sharpness, so I am not that impressed by it.
This new Otus will be special WO and I can't wait to shoot with one on my D800E.

Ah, yes, the sharpness-is-everything school I am very impressed that Nikon had the balls to make such a design without placing the sharpness at the top of the list. It looks plenty sharp, just not world-beating sharp, which means that they put the emphasis on other things. In this case, I believe: boke.

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Previous versions of carstenw's message #11880269 « Official: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon »