Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of alba63's message #11873794 « Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced »

alba63
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

Jman13 wrote:
They could make a separate FF line, but I still don\'t think they will. I know everyone is all FF crazy, but for a compact system it doesn\'t make as much sense as on a DSLR.

I don\'t think either we will see a Fuji FF interchangeable before late 2015. They might release a test balloon with a fixed lens, this could even be a super camera with a larger than FF sensor (if someone makes it for them). Otherwise they will sit back and wait how the acceptance of FF develops.

Sony is less reluctant and tries out lots of things, partly with little success. The fact that the A7(r) is enthusiastically welcome on this board does not necessarily represent the general market. The camera could still fail commercially.

And I agree that mirrorless FF seems more of a compromise than APS-c ILCs: Lenses have to be big in order to be really good (flange distance, ray angle). Using FF DSLR lenses on a mirrorless body is even more of a compromise because all you gain is the lesser weight of the body. Compared to let\'s say the Nikon d600 or Canon 6d is roughly 350g on the body. And lesser size. Not nothing, but not htat much either. Plus the Zooms tend to be slower in order to justify the weight argument. But F4 is not all that exciting after all.

My current conclusion therefore is to wait until it has become clear how that A7 behaves, how quick interesting and light lenses become available etc.

Bernie

Oct 19, 2013 at 06:29 AM

Previous versions of alba63's message #11873794 « Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.