Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Rickuz's message #11866678 « Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses »

Rickuz
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony 2x full-frame mirrorlens official

Robin Smith wrote:
You\'ll kick yourselves once Canon introduce their own 36MP+ body - you know they will make one. I don\'t care myself. The Sony looks great, but I\'m not in a hurry to get one given that we are talking more expensive lenses than Canon and they will run into largely the same size issues as any other FF camera. The price is also prohibitive for many. A 35mm f2.8: haven\'t seen one of those since the 1960s! They even have already added a battery grip as an accessory! I thought small size is what it is all about? Does this mean their A-mount system is dead or will that be kept going?

But why kick ourselves? The A7R will be a great camera for our EF lenses while waiting and waiting and waiting for Canon to release their high MP body.

And when the long long long wait is over, and Canon finally introduces their high MP body, I seriously doubt it will arrive in a small, light affordable package. It will most likely be a $7.000 elephant camera.. And who knows if they\'ll ever manage to up the dynamic range to Sonikon levels?

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Previous versions of Rickuz's message #11866678 « Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.