Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Gary Clennan's message #11858910 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »

Gary Clennan
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Joe - enjoying your S2 pics very much. Perhaps a little *too* much....
Luka - you really have to post more often! Your creativity and PP is second to none...
Edward - you are correct that the the files from the M240 appear more "flat" SOOC. I have found that I can process them to get pretty close to M9 output but that is really not what I am after (even though I really like the look of M9 pics). I happen to love the output from my D700 and enjoy the fact that the M240 is quite similar in many aspects. An aside note, I find the JPG files from M240 are closer to the M9 output than the DNG's are. Having said this, I personally find the other M240 features make the choice a no brainer for me. FWIW - the new firmware update has made quite a difference with the WB issues and a little better start up time for me. I'm happy!

Oct 13, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Gary Clennan
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Joe - enjoying your S2 pics very much. Perhaps a little *too* much....
Luka - you really have to post more often! Your creativity and PP is second to none...
Edward - you are correct that the the files from the M240 appear more "flat" SOOC. I have found that I can process them to get pretty close to M9 output but that is really not what I am after. I happen to love the output from my D700 and enjoy the fact that the M240 is quite similar in many aspects. An aside note, I find the JPG files from M240 are closer to the M9 output than the DNG's are. Having said this, I personally find the other M240 features make the choice a no brainer for me. FWIW - the new firmware update has made quite a difference with the WB issues and a little better start up time for me. I'm happy!

Oct 12, 2013 at 06:34 PM

Previous versions of Gary Clennan's message #11858910 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »