Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of hans98ko's message #11857920 « Nikon D610 officially announced »

hans98ko
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Nikon D610 officially announced

Really can\'t understand those people who don\'t own a D600 or a D800 keep reposting the rumors of oil and dust issue or the left focusing issue.
It is not that there is no such issues, but rather that it has been over blown on the internet.
The oil and dust issue will happen on any camera be it a digital or film, Canon or Nikon or any other brands that I had ever used. Ever wonder why in the film days you see a couple of spots on your negatives or prints? It is not that we didn\'t give a couple of hard taps on the developing tank to knock off the air bubbles from the film but oil coming from new shutters or dust or hair that gets on the negatives or prints. The next thing is that the oil coming from the shutter is limited to what was been applied during manufacturing and not from an oil field that keep pumping it out. Even if it is an oil field, there is a limit of how much oil it can pump and how long it can pump.
I keep telling people around me that if they want to use DSLR for photography, they better learn how to clean their sensors or else they will always face with the problem of having spots and dust on their photographs if they keep changing their lenses in the open.

Finally, just like everything that is bad will have something good that comes along, and that is with all the bad publicity of the D600 oil and dust issues come the D610. With the D610 coming along the price of the D600 will come down for those who do not mind cleaning their own sensor and having an almost perfect medium weight (with respect to CSC/MIL) and high performance camera.
The only things that I can think of and are missing on the D600 or D610 are the 51 focusing points and the 100% center button review. Maybe add in a better electronic level function as on the D800. But definitely nothing to do with the buffer, I can do just as well with 3 to 5 fps for any kind of photography, be it stationary or chasing a jet at 700 km/h at low altitude just below the sound barrel.

Oct 11, 2013 at 09:31 PM
hans98ko
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Nikon D610 officially announced

Really can\'t understand those people who don\'t own a D600 or a D800 keep reposting the rumors of oil and dust issue or the left focusing issue.
It is not that there is no such issues, but rather that it has been over blown on the internet.
The oil and dust issue will happen on any camera be it a digital or film, Canon or Nikon or any other brands that I had ever used. Ever wonder why in the film days you see a couple of spots on your negatives or prints? It is not that we didn\'t give a couple of hard taps on the developing tank to knock off the air bubbles from the film but oil coming from new shutters or dust or hair that gets on the negatives or prints. The next thing is that the oil coming from the shutter is limited to what was been applied during manufacturing and not from an oil field that keep pumping it out. Even if it is an oil field, there is a limit of how much oil it can pump and how long it can pump out.
I keep telling people around me that if they want to use DSLR for photography, they better learn how to clean their sensors or else they will always face with the problem of having spots and dust on their photographs if they keep changing their lenses in the open.

Finally, just like everything that is bad will have something good that comes along, and that is with all the bad publicity of the D600 oil and dust issues come the D610. With the D610 coming along the price of the D600 will come down for those who do not mind cleaning their own sensor and having an almost perfect medium weight (with respect to CSC/MIL) and high performance camera.
The only things that I can think of and are missing on the D600 or D610 are the 51 focusing points and the 100% center button review. Maybe add in a better electronic level function as on the D800. But definitely nothing to do with the buffer, I can do just as well with 3 to 5 fps for any kind of photography, be it stationary or chasing a jet at 700 km/h at low altitude just below the sound barrel.

Oct 11, 2013 at 09:23 PM

Previous versions of hans98ko's message #11857920 « Nikon D610 officially announced »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.