Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #11849167 « Official: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon »

wiseguy010
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon

carstenw wrote:
Rajan Parrikar wrote:
carstenw wrote:
I am still on the fence about this lens. I love the 50 Planar, in spite of its flaws, because of its lovely rendering, yet in spite of its strengths, the 50 Makro-Planar pretty much leaves me cold, except as a macro and portrait lens. This lens appears to have boke more reminiscent of the 50MP, which would kill it for me.

In my experience, the 50 MP has few rivals at infinity focus. A more versatile lens would be hard to find.

For me the 50P is far more attractive for almost all uses, other than macro, and perhaps portrait. I think this is a preference-based choice, not a fact-based one.

In the comparison pictures of Lloyd Chambers I noticed that the bokeh of the 55/1.4 is very similar of that of the 50/2 from @4 upwards. Before 4 the 55/1.4 is much smoother.

Oct 07, 2013 at 02:25 PM

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #11849167 « Official: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.