Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RCicala's message #11837858 « Lens Adapters: There Is No Free Lunch »

RCicala
Upload & Sell: On
Re: lens adapters for landscpape use/ real world vs. test exp...

Ah, assumptions. I love assumptions.

Actually lensrentals does a fairly huge business in adapted lenses. They probably have 100 adapters of various kinds and in general an adapter goes out with 2 or 3 very expensive lenses (Leicas, Zeiss, wide-aperture primes) making a big rental. The majority of it is for video shooters but a fair amount goes to m4/3 and NEX photographers.

Most people here know I sold Lensrentals (I kept a minority interest, for full disclosure) 2 years ago. I still run their QA and repair department and write my blog. Part of the agreement is that they get no editorial control over the blog content and I get full access to Lensrentals gear. To be honest they have pretty mixed emotions about the blog, so it will probably leave the Lensrentals site in the next 6 months or so.

Oct 01, 2013 at 01:12 PM

Previous versions of RCicala's message #11837858 « Lens Adapters: There Is No Free Lunch »