Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Tariq Gibran's message #11825280 « Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread »

Tariq Gibran
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
Tariq Gibran wrote:
sebboh wrote:
Tariq Gibran wrote:
I noticed that slight posterization in the sky. Traditionally, the cause is editing in 8 bit vs 16 bit and also low quality JPEG compression and resizing. Subtle gradations (such as in a sky) will obviously show the issue worse if care is not taken to avoid the above (always edit in 16bit and only convert to 8 bit as the last step such as for web posting). This is also a good place to mention that using bicubic sharper when resizing is not the best option when an image has subtle gradations (and reducing the size in Automatic will do this as well).

what do you recommend for resizing?

In PS, I use good old Bicubic (best for smooth gradients). I have seen some really terrible results from Bicubic Sharper.

oh, that\'s the same as i use...

Hmm, that\'s odd then. So you work completely from the raw in 16bit all the way through, including re-sizing using the standard Bicubic, then convert to 8bit? Maybe it does have something to do with the auto vignetting correction as Douglas mentioned if that\'s the case. I also leave that off.

What color space do you convert/edit in and when do you convert to SRGB? Maybe it\'s also causing an issue?

Sep 24, 2013 at 02:15 PM

Previous versions of Tariq Gibran's message #11825280 « Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.