Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of gnbuzz's message #11824004 « REVISED Attack of the Cedar Waxwings »

gnbuzz
Upload & Sell: On
REVISED Attack of the Cedar Waxwings

I've got a fair-sized Mountain Ash in my backyard and every spring I get very noisy parrots who love getting drunk off its fermented berries. The berries turn red at the end of summer and I notice they get gobbled up, but I must always be preoccupied because I never see by whom.

A week ago, I looked up and saw the tree was swarmed by Cedar Waxwings, which is funny because I'm always looking for some, know they are around, but rarely see any. They were fun to watch, although this is Seattle, after all, and our two-week summer is over and it's very windy.

Anyway, as of today, the Ash is virtually stripped of berries. And the Waxwings are gone, except for the memories preserved here.

Glenn

P.S.: I took the two that got no "votes," and exchanged them with a couple I captured at lunch. You'll notice how bare the few remaining clumps of berries are.

Sep 24, 2013 at 09:03 PM
gnbuzz
Upload & Sell: On
Attack of the Cedar Waxwings

I've got a fair-sized Mountain Ash in my backyard and every spring I get very noisy parrots who love getting drunk off its fermented berries. The berries turn red at the end of summer and I notice they get gobbled up, but I must always be preoccupied because I never see by whom.

A week ago, I looked up and saw the tree was swarmed by Cedar Waxwings, which is funny because I'm always looking for some, know they are around, but rarely see any. They were fun to watch, although this is Seattle, after all, and our two-week summer is over and it's very windy.

Anyway, as of today, the Ash is virtually stripped of berries. And the Waxwings are gone, except for the memories preserved here.

Glenn

Sep 24, 2013 at 02:30 AM

Previous versions of gnbuzz's message #11824004 « REVISED Attack of the Cedar Waxwings »