Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11822951 « So Confused »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: So Confused

Well, as to the WA ... I don\'t do it for the judging @ voting. The intent (as I understand it) is to use the WA as a springboard for self-development with the theme/competition as the catalyst for self-improvement.

Even if I enter an image that receives zero votes ... I am the real judge as to whether or not I have grown in the ability to produce what it is that I desired to produce. Granted the votes do give cause to reflect on why others are/not voting for it. But, in the end those votes (even if you win) are not indicative of my growth or self-challenge that I\'ve applied to the WA effort.

Sure, the votes \"feel good\" and are likely an indicator ... but an indicator is not the tell all. Sometimes I learn more about my work from those submissions that receive zero votes than I do a winning image or one that finds much favor. For me, the entire premise of the WA is about having a platform for self-development ... kind of the yin-yang of the PC forum. In that, where we groan at micro-nits, technical processing, philosophical, historical, and dialogue to the Nth degree ... the WA is a very different kind of evaluation input from others that just boils down to \"I like it\". The information from the votes is just as viable at accept/reject the input as it is here or anywhere else for that matter. Glean from it what you can use and don\'t worry about that which adds little value to your growth or development.

And always remember ... who is it that you are shooting for ... others or yourself. We can emulate or we can create. Sometimes we have a foot in both camps and that is usually confusing times for us as we are transitioning from one to the other.

FWIW, (imo) I\'ve seen growth/progression in your work Jim ... sometimes accompanied with a vote, sometimes not. It gets kinda tough when Karen, Scott, Barabra, Jim, Jim, Jim and Jim all enter good stuff at the same time. To be honest ... sometimes I vote an image for the image itself. Sometimes I vote an image because I can see the effort/progress that an individual put into the image and I offer it as a vote of confidence. My reason for \"I like it\" isn\'t always because it is the prettiest, most dynamic or most popular. Sometimes \"I like it\" because of the message it brings, and sometimes that message is \"Hey, this person is really stepping their game up.\" ... I like that.

HTH

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: So Confused

Well, as to the WA ... I don\'t do it for the judging @ voting. The intent (as I understand it) is to use the WA as a springboard for self-development with the theme/competition as the catalyst for self-improvement.

Even if I enter an image that receives zero votes ... I am the real judge as to whether or not I have grown in the ability to produce what it is that I desired to produce. Granted the votes do give cause to reflect on why others are/not voting for it. But, in the end those votes (even if you win) are not indicative of my growth or self-challenge that I\'ve applied to the WA effort.

Sure, the votes \"feel good\" and are likely an indicator ... but an indicator is not the tell all. Sometimes I learn more about my work from those submissions that receive zero votes than I do a winning image or one that finds much favor. For me, the entire premise of the WA is about having a platform for self-development ... kind of the yin-yang of the PC forum. In that, where we groan at micro-nits, technical processing, philosophical, historical, and dialogue to the Nth degree ... the WA is a very different kind of evaluation input from others that just boils down to \"I like it\". The information from the votes is just as viable at accept/reject the input as it is here or anywhere else for that matter. Glean from it what you can use and don\'t worry about that which adds little value to your growth or development.

And always remember ... who is it that you are shooting for ... others or yourself. We can emulate or we can create. Sometimes we have a foot in both camps and that is usually confusing times for us as we are transitioning from one to the other.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11822951 « So Confused »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.