Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Jorgen Udvang's message #11807248 « D400 in 2014 or Bust »

Jorgen Udvang
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: D400 in September ...

EB-1 wrote:
The Nikon 1 series is going nowhere in the US. All the tiny cameras don't work very well when you need high ISO, and the EVF suck batteries when you are sitting for hours behind a 600/4 waiting for an animal to do something. I want the mythical D400 for that. For general use a cheapo body like a D3000-D5000 series, etc. is fine for the masses and probably makes Nikon more profit than all the others.

EBH

The D3000 and 5000 series work find until you've seen a properly sized viewfinder, like the EVFs of the recent Panasonic and Olympus cameras. People buy what they've heard about and what their friends have. Change takes time. I still hope that the D400 will appear, among other things for wildlife and sports photography, but I've found a solution that will work for me and which is cheaper, much lighter and fits well with the m4/3 gear I already own.

The Nikon 1 series isn't going well anywhere yet, but that will change too. In ten years, DSLR cameras will be as common as telephones without cameras.

Sep 15, 2013 at 06:12 AM

Previous versions of Jorgen Udvang's message #11807248 « D400 in 2014 or Bust »