Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jfwoodman's message #11801650 « San Juan Island Wildlife, left the RAW at home (23) »

jfwoodman
Upload & Sell: On
San Juan Island Wildlife, left the RAW at home (23)

This summer I took the family for a relaxing vacation on San Juan Island, WA. Many thanks to Tim Kuhn for his thoughts on this trip (even though I ended up ignoring his advice ).

I'm glad I brought my 500L II along, as the birding was better than I expected. Sadly, as usual, I had a couple self-inflicted photography mishaps: 1. somehow my 1DX was set to capture JPG images instead of RAW; and 2. inexplicably I did not have my gear with me the two times we had good looks at killer whales from the shore.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and having a look.

Jim

#1 Bald Eagle from bluff

#2 My first BE in flight (hard to believe!)

#3 BE - sadly,I don't know how to clone in a nice sky

#4 Black Oystercatcher

#6 Belted KF

#7 Belted KF

#9 Harlequin ducks

#10 Harlequin female

Sep 12, 2013 at 05:32 AM
jfwoodman
San Juan Island Wildlife, left the RAW at home (23)

This summer I took the family for a relaxing vacation on San Juan Island, WA. Many thanks to Tim Kuhn for his thoughts on this trip (even though I ended up ignoring his advice ).

I'm glad I brought my 500L II along, as the birding was better than I expected. Sadly, as usual, I had a couple self-inflicted photography mishaps: 1. somehow my 1DX was set to capture JPG images instead of RAW; and 2. inexplicably I did not have my gear with me the two times we had good looks at killer whales from the shore.

Jim

#1 Bald Eagle from bluff

#3 BE (sad I don't know how to clone in a nice sky :doh

#4 Black Oystercatcher

#6 Belted KF

#7 Belted KF

#9 Harlequin ducks

#10 Harlequin female

Sep 12, 2013 at 05:31 AM
jfwoodman
San Juan Island Wildlife, left the RAW at home

This summer I took the family for a relaxing vacation on San Juan Island, WA. Many thanks to Tim Kuhn for his thoughts on this trip (even though I ended up ignoring all of his advice ).

I'm glad I brought my 500L II along, as the birding was better than I expected. I was told there are 125 pair of nesting bald eagles on this relatively small island. Sadly, as usual, I had a couple self-inflicted photography mishaps: 1. somehow my 1DX was set to capture JPG images instead of RAW; and 2. inexplicably I did not have my gear with me the two times we had good looks at killer whales from the shore.

Jim

#1 Bald Eagle from bluff

#3 BE (sad I don't know how to clone in a nice sky :doh

#4 Black Oystercatcher

#6 Belted KF

#7 Belted KF

#9 Harlequin ducks

#10 Harlequin female

Sep 12, 2013 at 05:11 AM

Previous versions of jfwoodman's message #11801650 « San Juan Island Wildlife, left the RAW at home (23) »