Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of dehowie's message #11798790 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

dehowie
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love that shot Jeff!
With regards to the hell..
Firstly its far more difficult than you may imagine for some shots.
The R44(you can do it in an R22) is good in good conditions but struggles in the afternoon sea breeze with hovering and transitions.
This makes some shots really really difficult.
If you get god guys in the tower it makes a big difference. We got some brilliant controllers in the morning and tight ones in the first arvo shoot.
Its a difficult air to air as you dont have any if the control you do in a planned briefed flight with so many variables you dont have to consider.
A planned session you can push your photography skills with low shutter speeds and angles etc. this is a different animal dealing with someone you dont know as a pilot, a chopper most have never shot from before,atc,variable traffic arrival and departure times,winds etc.
It is a total challenge from start to finish total air to air with challenges in areas i hadnt seen shooting traditional air to air which has its own very different challenges like safety etc.
On lenses im not sure what you have but..the 100-400 is a must.
Swapping bodies if you have a second on say a 500 with TC would work well.
600 is as long as you would want due to heat haze etc.
The 200-400 was the perfect lens for this type of flight..prime IQ but flexibility which i could not get with my 500..
Certainly a real challenge but a super pilot makes a good start!

Sep 10, 2013 at 06:28 PM

Previous versions of dehowie's message #11798790 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.