Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of mitesh's message #11795774 « Frustrated "Fresh FM'r"... Not very happy right now... »

mitesh
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Frustrated "Fresh FM'r"... Not very happy right now...

pkyryluk wrote:
There should be an explanation by Fred Miranda that once you pay up your money ...Which was taken without any requirement to be seasoned for a period of time before being able to purchase on this prestigious site..That there is a qualifying time...I think it\'s unfair, unfriendly... and flat out I feel that I was taken for my money!!!

Sorry for your experience, but blaming Fred and saying that you were \"taken\" is just projecting your frustration inappropriately. First, if you wanted to buy an item, you could have messages the seller before signing up for an upload/sell membership. According to Forum rules, you can always buy without a membership. The cost of the membership isn\'t just for B/S, it also includes hosting for uploaded photos, and memberships pay for that expense.

Secondly, the User Agreement states that buy and sell transactions occurring on this site are directly between buyer and seller, and that Fredmiranda.com doesn\'t act as an intermediary. So, if a particular seller doesn\'t want to transact with a new member, that is his/her call and there is nothing against that in the Forum rules. I hope you can understand that people may be wary of dealing with someone who is a relative unknown when we are talking about equipment worth thousands of dollars.

As to your question of how to become established, it has been discussed in many threads. Everyone started out with zero feedbacks. In years past, it was easier to get started because the general level of trust was a bit higher. After some scams, people are understandably more alert and wary now. Basically, try to participate in areas of the site other than just B/S. You can also build up feedback by transacting in lower cost items, or by getting an established member who you may know offline to vouch for you. It has also been suggested that newer members can ship before payment, or allow a seller to clear funds before shipping. If you want more suggestions, you can do a forum search, or, I\'m sure others will add their opinions in due course.

I understand you might feel frustrated, but a vent/outburst likely won\'t win you any points. I\'m sure you\'ll be able to find people willing to do business with you.

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:48 PM
mitesh
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Frustrated "Fresh FM'r"... Not very happy right now...

pkyryluk wrote:
There should be an explanation by Fred Miranda that once you pay up your money ...Which was taken without any requirement to be seasoned for a period of time before being able to purchase on this prestigious site..That there is a qualifying time...I think it\'s unfair, unfriendly... and flat out I feel that I was taken for my money!!!

Sorry for your experience, but blaming Fred and saying that you were \"taken\" is just projecting your frustration inappropriately. First, if you wanted to buy an item, you could have messages the seller before signing up for an upload/sell membership. According to Forum rules, you can always buy without a membership.

Secondly, the User Agreement states that buy and sell transactions occurring on this site are directly between buyer and seller, and that Fredmiranda.com doesn\'t act as an intermediary. So, if a particular seller doesn\'t want to transact with a new member, that is his/her call and there is nothing against that in the Forum rules. I hope you can understand that people may be wary of dealing with someone who is a relative unknown when we are talking about equipment worth thousands of dollars.

As to your question of how to become established, it has been discussed in many threads. Everyone started out with zero feedbacks. In years past, it was easier to get started because the general level of trust was a bit higher. After some scams, people are understandably more alert and wary now. Basically, try to participate in areas of the site other than just B/S. You can also build up feedback by transacting in lower cost items, or by getting an established member who you may know offline to vouch for you. It has also been suggested that newer members can ship before payment, or allow a seller to clear funds before shipping. If you want more suggestions, you can do a forum search, or, I\'m sure others will add their opinions in due course.

I understand you might feel frustrated, but a vent/outburst likely won\'t win you any points. I\'m sure you\'ll be able to find people willing to do business with you.

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:44 PM

Previous versions of mitesh's message #11795774 « Frustrated "Fresh FM'r"... Not very happy right now... »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.