Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of dorian's message #11791377 « Single Spotted Sandpiper Shot »

dorian
Upload & Sell: Off
Single Spotted Sandpiper Shot

well, i got up at 5:15 to be at the beach at 6 for sunrise. my plan was perfect except there were ZERO shorebirds at my spot! total bummer.....

i did, however, stop at mt auburn cemetery on my way home. this proved to be a good decision as i did here find a spotted sandpiper running about on lily pads.

i managed a few shots of this guy. all were taken in heavy shade so i had to push things around in post a bit more than i normally like to do so.

this bird is in winter plumage. the second shot is an old shot of mine also taken at mt auburn (again in heavy shade!) that shows the breeding plumage spots for which this guys is named!

i hope today\'s shot looks ok......

Sep 07, 2013 at 05:48 PM
dorian

well, i got up at 5:15 to be at the beach at 6 for sunrise. my plan was perfect except there were ZERO shorebirds at my spot! total bummer.....

i did, however, stop at mt auburn cemetery on my way home. this proved to be a good decision as i did here find a spotted sandpiper running about on lily pads.

i managed a few shots of this guy. all were taken in heavy shade so i had to push things around in post a bit more than i normally like to do so.

this bird is in winter plumage. the second shot is an old shot of mine also taken at mt auburn (again in heavy shade!) that shows the breeding plumage spots for which this guys is named!

Sep 07, 2013 at 05:47 PM
dorian

Sep 07, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Previous versions of dorian's message #11791377 « Single Spotted Sandpiper Shot »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.