Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11785948 « Adobe offerts Photoshop+Lightning cloud for $9.99/mo »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Aodbe offerts Photoshop+Lightning cloud for $9.99/mo

2. " Please don't be confused, Adobe is, I believe, a publicly traded company...and as such they are only answerable to the shareholders for providing them profit.<P>
The customers are just a necessity to do this, but the customer is not their primary concern or obligation.

Once I got this concept down, I can easily understand what corporations are trying to do, maximize shareholder profits, nothing more.

It isn't personal, it is purely business....the only way the consumer can fight back, is with the pocketbook."

Which is why I wonder about the extreme fanboy reaction to defend a company's honor to the utmost these days when so many companies clearly do everything they can to get away maximally taking advantage of their own customers and fanboys. Some even carry out studies to test out how far they possibly push annoy hurt and anger customers without quite losing enough to hurt them. Some then try to push it even yet a bit farther and get burned.
If the companies are free to do that why do the lemmings have to clap and applaud it? They aren't looking out for the best of the customer (and maybe you can't blame them) so why does the customer have to look out for the best for them (can you blame them if they then complain)?

Not that you should get too carried companies do have to make money and they support workers etc. Just if they really start going overboard beyond overboard about things.

Sep 05, 2013 at 02:19 AM
skibum5

2. " Please don't be confused, Adobe is, I believe, a publicly traded company...and as such they are only answerable to the shareholders for providing them profit.<P>
The customers are just a necessity to do this, but the customer is not their primary concern or obligation.

Once I got this concept down, I can easily understand what corporations are trying to do, maximize shareholder profits, nothing more.

It isn't personal, it is purely business....the only way the consumer can fight back, is with the pocketbook."

Which is why I wonder about the extreme fanboy reaction to defend a company's honor to the utmost these days when so many companies clearly do everything they can to get away maximally taking advantage of their own customers and fanboys. Some even carry out studies to test out how far they possibly push annoy hurt and anger customers without quite losing enough to hurt them. Some then try to push it even yet a bit farther and get burned.
If the companies are free to do that why do the lemmings have to clap and applaud it? They aren't looking out for the best of the customer (and maybe you can't blame them) so why does the customer have to look out for the best for them (can you blame them if they then complain)?

Sep 04, 2013 at 09:19 PM
skibum5

If the companies are free to do that why do the lemmings have to clap and applaud it? They aren't looking out for the best of the customer so why does the customer have to look out for the best for them?

Sep 04, 2013 at 09:04 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11785948 « Adobe offerts Photoshop+Lightning cloud for $9.99/mo »