Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11783701 « Canon EOS 70D DXOMark results »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Canon EOS 70D DXOMark results

JulianDeLaRosa wrote:
Sneakyracer wrote:
snapsy wrote:
70D Review

Summary: Traditional Canon low ISO DR performance. High ISO 18% SNR is close to the D7100 but trails the D7100 for High ISO shadow performance by about 2/3 stop.

Not surprising. Low iso DR has been about the same for at least 6 years in Canon DSLR's. Maybe longer. They have made good improvements in the high iso range (both in color, noise and dr) but the low iso has basically stayed the same with some models having more shadow banding than others. The 1DS Mark 3 has the least banding IMHO of the higher resolution Canon DSLRs.

Plus one! I've been trying to explain this to many Canon users who want more DR but, many don't understand me bcoz' they have never used the 1Ds 3 sensor.

It is only with the 1DX and 6D that they got ALMOST (but still not quite) to the 1Ds3 ISO100 DR in terms of the complete package of measured DR and banding.

Sep 03, 2013 at 09:01 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11783701 « Canon EOS 70D DXOMark results »