Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11777533 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ZippZopp17 wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
Yet another 16 slips away
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400561986267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i won that auction last night. i had tried for the same lens on ebay earlier in the week, but lost out on it. i'm surprised it didn't go higher. i just need to get a lens cap for it. what lens cap does it use?

One that is not easy to find...

It is possible a later cap for the 16 f/2.8D might fit but I'm not certain about that... I just checked and it won't. The diameter of the 16 f/3.5 is 68mm. The f/2.8 is 63mm. This will be your next hunt... Congratulations on the lens though. John may have a suggestion about how to work with the lens as it is.

EDIT - I just measured the diameter of the lens hood that extends from the body and onto which the hood would connect and it measured closer to 63mm. I was using lens measurements above so that may not be relevant to your situation. Yes, you have some exploring to do... Good luck.

EDIT #2 - This might be the cap... brand new from an LA seller. Definitely worth checking out...

Nikon 16 Fisheye Lens Cap

Aug 31, 2013 at 09:28 PM
CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ZippZopp17 wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
Yet another 16 slips away
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400561986267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i won that auction last night. i had tried for the same lens on ebay earlier in the week, but lost out on it. i'm surprised it didn't go higher. i just need to get a lens cap for it. what lens cap does it use?

One that is not easy to find...

It is possible a later cap for the 16 f/2.8D might fit but I'm not certain about that... I just checked and it won't. The diameter of the 16 f/3.5 is 68mm. The f/2.8 is 63mm. This will be your next hunt... Congratulations on the lens though. John may have a suggestion about how to work with the lens as it is.

EDIT - I just measured the diameter of the lens hood that extends from the body and onto which the hood would connect and it measured closer to 63mm. I was using lens measurements above so that may not be relevant to your situation. Yes, you have some exploring to do... Good luck.

Aug 31, 2013 at 09:13 PM

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11777533 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »