Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Scott Stoness's message #11773085 « Canon EOS 70D DXOMark results »

Scott Stoness
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 70D DxoMark results

kevindar wrote:
Jeff, if you have a 7d, and dont care about video focusing, there is no reason to buy the 70D.

Thats my conclusion:
- Aside from focussing during video, rotating lcd (if you want it and I don't for wildlife), and being able to set the low shutter on autoiso, the 7d is better or even. Particularly for wildlife.
- focus speed is about the same ( i tested it)
- 1fps better for 7d
- dot focus not in 70d [really big deal to me]
- no c1,c2,c3 [really big deal to me]
- sd limits 70d to 15 in burst with twice the time to clear buffer (I have tested) [really big deal to me]
- not as good weather sealing
- uses different remote shutter than 5d series
- bigger for bigger hands
- no joy stick on 70d
[70d will not work on cs5 or earlier causing you $300 to upgrade] ******** http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1237937

Hopefully the elves at canon are working hard on some still camera benefits for 7d2. Maybe a 1dv with higher iso and dynamic range.

The focus while videoing is a nice feature for some but really belonged in the eos-m where the camera is focussing using liveview all the time.

Sep 01, 2013 at 06:33 PM
Scott Stoness
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 70D DxoMark results

kevindar wrote:
Jeff, if you have a 7d, and dont care about video focusing, there is no reason to buy the 70D.

Thats my conclusion:
- Aside from focussing during video, rotating lcd (if you want it and I don't for wildlife), and being able to set the low shutter on autoiso, the 7d is better or even. Particularly for wildlife.
- focus speed is about the same ( i tested it)
- 1fps better for 7d
- dot focus not in 70d [really big deal to me]
- no c1,c2,c3 [really big deal to me]
- sd limits 70d to 15 in burst with twice the time to clear buffer (I have tested) [really big deal to me]
- not as good weather sealing
- uses different remote shutter than 5d series
- bigger for bigger hands
- no joy stick on 70d

Hopefully the elves at canon are working hard on some still camera benefits for 7d2. Maybe a 1dv with higher iso and dynamic range.

The focus while videoing is a nice feature for some but really belonged in the eos-m where the camera is focussing using liveview all the time.

Aug 29, 2013 at 03:14 PM

Previous versions of Scott Stoness's message #11773085 « Canon EOS 70D DXOMark results »