Upload & Sell: On
| Re: 70D DxoMark results |
Jeff, if you have a 7d, and dont care about video focusing, there is no reason to buy the 70D.
Thats my conclusion:
- Aside from focussing during video, rotating lcd (if you want it and I don't for wildlife), and being able to set the low shutter on autoiso, the 7d is better or even. Particularly for wildlife.
- focus speed is about the same ( i tested it)
- 1fps better for 7d
- dot focus not in 70d [really big deal to me]
- no c1,c2,c3 [really big deal to me]
- sd limits 70d to 15 in burst with twice the time to clear buffer (I have tested) [really big deal to me]
- not as good weather sealing
- uses different remote shutter than 5d series
- bigger for bigger hands
- no joy stick on 70d
Hopefully the elves at canon are working hard on some still camera benefits for 7d2. Maybe a 1dv with higher iso and dynamic range.
The focus while videoing is a nice feature for some but really belonged in the eos-m where the camera is focussing using liveview all the time.