Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Lars Johnsson's message #11742305 « Lowepro shoulder bags review (Messenger Pro) »

Lars Johnsson
Upload & Sell: Off
Lowepro shoulder bags review (Messenger Pro)

In the last months I have bought 5 different Lowepro (messenger style) shoulder bags I needed a couple of bags, so I started to compare the Lowepro Pro Messenger AW bags and ThinkTank Retrospective bags. Both brands make great Messenger style bags. And I liked both. But I prefered the Lowepro. The main difference and advantage (IMO) for the Pro Messenger was: the material in the Lowepro was more sturdy. The Retrospective was a bit thinner and more flimsy if comparing them. The Lowepro strap and front pockets was also better. And the great flap to cover the main compartment. It also have a magnet for silent flap operation when close and open it. So you can actually close it without using the normal velcro tabs.
It also have a lot of pockets for memory card, batteries and all small personal stuff.
I bought the Pro Messenger 180AW and the Pro Messenger 200AW. And I also got 3 Lowepro Classified shoulder bags in different sizes. I will make a review later for those 3 bags.
Here are a lot of pics with the Pro Messenger AW 180 & 200 bags. The 200 is longer and can take a few more lenses. But the 180 is higher and better if having many tall lenses like 70-200/2,8 or 400/5,6 lenses.
The 200 will easy take 2 bodies and 4-5 normal sized lenses. And the 180 one or two lenses less.

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Lars Johnsson
Upload & Sell: Off
Lowepro shoulder bags review

In the last months I have bought 5 different Lowepro (messenger style) shoulder bags I needed a couple of bags, so I started to compare the Lowepro Pro Messenger AW bags and ThinkTank Retrospective bags. Both brands make great Messenger style bags. And I liked both. But I prefered the Lowepro. The main difference and advantage (IMO) for the Pro Messenger was: the material in the Lowepro was more sturdy. The Retrospective was a bit thinner and more flimsy if comparing them. The Lowepro strap and front pockets was also better. And the great flap to cover the main compartment. It also have a magnet for silent flap operation when close and open it. So you can actually close it without using the normal velcro tabs.
It also have a lot of pockets for memory card, batteries and all small personal stuff.
I bought the Pro Messenger 180AW and the Pro Messenger 200AW. And I also got 3 Lowepro Classified shoulder bags in different sizes. I will make a review later for those 3 bags.
Here are a lot of pics with the Pro Messenger AW 180 & 200 bags. The 200 is longer and can take a few more lenses. But the 180 is higher and better if having many tall lenses like 70-200/2,8 or 400/5,6 lenses.
The 200 will easy take 2 bodies and 4-5 normal sized lenses. And the 180 one or two lenses less.

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Previous versions of Lars Johnsson's message #11742305 « Lowepro shoulder bags review (Messenger Pro) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.