Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Klaus Priebe's message #11714058 « #564 Water of Life »

Klaus Priebe
Upload & Sell: On
#564 Water of Life

Bill Sutherland wrote:
Klaus Priebe wrote:
Abiquiu, NM

An edit on my first image. Two of the images were taken this week and two from the recent past. The image was constructed today 7-30-2013. If it doesn't qualify for the weekly assignment then please pull it.

Not for me to judge Klaus, but someone did quote the following rule to me on one of my posts: "Montage techniques are allowed but should be functional and kept to a minimum. Your entries for the weekly assignment should highlight your photographic skills, not your software knowledge".

Personally I would have no problem in accepting your very fine image.

Best

Bill,
Thanks and I have read the same. I think there is a big stuck in the box thinking with photography and using software to present an image. Agreed with the weekly assignment it may be not "kosher" to do so, but as photographers we are also artists and software is a tool just like the camera body and lens. They go hand in hand along with the freedom of our minds to break the bonds of the box.
I don't expect there will be any votes for this image anyway and I don't care if it bombs but I have the personal satisfaction that I took an idea and used all the tools available to me and created this image.

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Klaus Priebe
Upload & Sell: On
#564 Water of Life

Bill Sutherland wrote:
Klaus Priebe wrote:
Abiquiu, NM

An edit on my first image. Two of the images were taken this week and two from the recent past. The image was constructed today 7-30-2013. If it doesn't qualify for the weekly assignment then please pull it.

Not for me to judge Klaus, but someone did quote the following rule to me on one of my posts: "Montage techniques are allowed but should be functional and kept to a minimum. Your entries for the weekly assignment should highlight your photographic skills, not your software knowledge".

Personally I would have no problem in accepting your very fine image.

Best

Bill,
Thanks and I have read the same. I think there is a big stuck in the box thinking with photography and using software to present an image. Agreed with the weekly assignment it may be not "kosher" to do so, but as photographers we are also artists and software is a tool just like the camera body and lens. They go hand in hand along with the freedom of our minds to break the bonds of the box.

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Previous versions of Klaus Priebe's message #11714058 « #564 Water of Life »