Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11709049 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

asiostygius
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for all comments.

Leighton, loved the bokeh playing;

Peter (SA), what a view you have, nice debut with the 28 PC!

Samy, gorgeous red leaf;

Rafael, what a truly spetacular steal you got with that near pristine 135/3.5! Congrats;

Ray, simply gorgeous scenarios you have posted lately.

Today afternoon I experimented for the second time my modified (by a Canadian guy at ebay) TC16A. It could be my fault, but with the D7000 and the 180/2.8 I had a low % of keepers. Perhaps my combo needs an AF-tune adjust or simply I need to use a tripod!!
We need to manual focus then the TC does a fine AFocusing.
Peter B is correct, the TC deteriorates the image specially wide open. Af was soemtimes \"hesitating\"
This was the only decent shot with the combo this afternoon:

Male Burnished-buff Tanager

Male Burnished-buff Tanager with a Nikkor \"288mm f/4.5\" semi-AF lens by labecoaves, on Flickr

One of the first test shots with the modified TC16A + D7000.
Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 AI-S ED + TC16A (= 288mm f/4.5) hand held, ISO 500, f/2.8(=4.5) at 1/400s. ~40% cropped
Exif shows a 145mm lens at f/4, but this is due to the modified CPU. In fact ViewNX2 reads a 70-210mm f/4 lens!!

Jul 28, 2013 at 07:04 PM

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11709049 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.