Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of MDoc9523's message #11705116 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

MDoc9523
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I thought I'd posted a comment on your last set of images Ray but I can't find it, so I'll write again. Gorgeous! You make Florida look almost inviting... Sue is in Delray Beach at the moment and she happens to enjoy the warm weather and humidity. In the meantime we have cool nights with temperatures in the mid-fifties and days in the mid-eighties. I vote for that...

You have a great eye for composition Ray. I'm looking forward to your tripod adventures in the coming weeks. I did a quick search on that tripod and found a number of critical comments about the capacity of the ball head to hold the camera without slipping. I wonder how it handled the 300 which weighs a couple of pounds with the tripod collar. Are you happy with performance of the tripod? I'm not prepared to take the leap myself, but I'm certainly gathering information along the way...

I used the 300 EDIF with the tripod collar with the ball head connected to the mount and not the camera. I did not notice any slippage what-so-ever. I would set the angle and the tripod held like a grip. It was great for a stationary object but when the birds flew away it was difficult to follow using the tripod.I did notice slippage if I connected to the camera. I used it mostly for the 24mm and 35mm for landscape and I had no problems at all using the tripod. In fact it made my shooting actually easier .
Here's a photo that I really liked using the 35mm 1.4 - F11 - 1/13th

Jul 26, 2013 at 04:41 PM
MDoc9523
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I thought I'd posted a comment on your last set of images Ray but I can't find it, so I'll write again. Gorgeous! You make Florida look almost inviting... Sue is in Delray Beach at the moment and she happens to enjoy the warm weather and humidity. In the meantime we have cool nights with temperatures in the mid-fifties and days in the mid-eighties. I vote for that...

You have a great eye for composition Ray. I'm looking forward to your tripod adventures in the coming weeks. I did a quick search on that tripod and found a number of critical comments about the capacity of the ball head to hold the camera without slipping. I wonder how it handled the 300 which weighs a couple of pounds with the tripod collar. Are you happy with performance of the tripod? I'm not prepared to take the leap myself, but I'm certainly gathering information along the way...

I used the 300 EDIF with the tripod collar with the ball head connected to the mount and not the camera. I did not notice any slippage what-so-ever. I would set the angle and the tripod held like a grip. It was great for a stationary object but when the birds flew away it was difficult to follow using the tripod. I used it mostly for the 24mm and 35mm for landscape and I had no problems at all using the tripod. In fact it made my shooting actually easier .
Here's a photo that I really liked using the 35mm 1.4 - F11 - 1/13th

Jul 26, 2013 at 04:35 PM

Previous versions of MDoc9523's message #11705116 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »