Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of blueimage's message #11704378 « Serengeti Skies »

blueimage
Upload & Sell: Off
Serengeti Skies

Greetings / Jambo

I don\'t get too many images that qualify for the landscape forum, as they usually have critters in them…actually, these do too, but their not obvious. These images depict just a few of the spectacular skies we enjoyed on my last safari - in this case, three different sunsets, and a nightscape.

What was crazy, is that on most days we\'d have dramatic skies with brooding thunderstorms leading to extremely colorful sunsets. Then, just after dark the skies would quickly clear revealing an amazing star show on the very dark new moon nights. Can\'t ask for much more than that…other than sleep.

The last image is of the milky way over one of our camps. I had taken an iOptron SkyTracker for just such shots, but I failed to understand how difficult getting polar alignment is on the equator - so I was resigned to shooting my night images the old fashioned way. I also couldn\'t figure out how to incorporate the glowing eyes of a Hyena into the shot ...which was watching us in the dark from about 100 ft away ...that was a little creepy

Thanks for looking, comments, crits ...and equatorial polar alignment tips most welcome.

Jim

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM
blueimage
Upload & Sell: Off
Serengeti Skies

Greetings / Jambo

I don\'t get too many images that qualify for the landscape forum, as they usually have critters in them…actually, these do too, but their not obvious. These images depict just a few of the spectacular skies we enjoyed on my last safari - in this case, three different sunsets, and a nightscape.

What was crazy, is that on most days we\'d have dramatic skies with brooding thunderstorms leading to extremely colorful sunsets. Then, just after dark the skies would quickly clear revealing an amazing star show on the very dark new moon nights. Can\'t ask for much more than that…other than sleep.

The last image is of the milky way over one of our camps. I had take an iOptron SkyTracker for just such shots, but I failed to understand how difficult getting polar alignment is on the equator - so I was resigned to shooting my night images the old fashioned way. I also couldn\'t figure out how to incorporate the glowing eyes of a Hyena into the shot ...which was watching us in the dark from about 100 ft away ...that was a little creepy

Thanks for looking, comments, crits ...and equatorial polar alignment tips most welcome.

Jim

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Previous versions of blueimage's message #11704378 « Serengeti Skies »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.