Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of HelenaN's message #11684247 « Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread »

HelenaN
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Fujifilm X-Pro1 & XE-1 Image Thread

Great work everyone!
Rob, I look forward to see more and hear your thoughts about how the Fuji worked out for you.
Oldraven, Thor's Well must have been great to see in real life! Nice photo too.

Interesting weather yesterday evening, so I went on a little walk around home (X-E1 + Fuji 14mm). I had to severely underexpose to preserve the light from the sun, so I have lifted the shadows a lot (before processing large areas of the photo looked almost completely black). The camera handled it well. There is some noise, but it's mostly monochrome, so not too disturbing even in larger format. A few days ago I tested this against my old 5D and was shocked to see how much worse it is at lifting shadows. The noise looked like colorful Scottish tartan even at ISO 100, which made the photo unusable.

View from Ust towards Trondheim fjord by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:30 PM
HelenaN

Great work everyone!
Rob, I look forward to see more and hear your thoughts about how the Fuji worked out for you.

Interesting weather yesterday evening, so I went on a little walk around home (X-E1 + Fuji 14mm). I had to severely underexpose to preserve the light from the sun, so I have lifted the shadows a lot (before processing the dark areas looked almost completely black). The camera handled it well. There is some noise, but it's mostly monochrome, so not too disturbing even in larger format. A few days ago I tested this against my old 5D and was shocked to see how much worse it is at lifting shadows. The noise looked like colorful Scottish tartan even at ISO 100, which made the photo unusable.

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:26 PM
HelenaN

Great work everyone!

Interesting weather yesterday evening, so I went on a little walk around home (X-E1 + Fuji 14mm). I had to severely underexpose to preserve the light from the sun, so I have lifted the shadows a lot (before processing the dark areas looked almost completely black). The camera handled it well. There is some noise, but it's mostly monochrome, so not too disturbing even in larger format. A few days ago I tested this against my old 5D and was shocked to see how much worse it is at lifting shadows. The noise looked like colorful Scottish tartan even at ISO 100, which made the photo unusable.

Jul 16, 2013 at 06:27 PM

Previous versions of HelenaN's message #11684247 « Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread »