Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of hmzimelka's message #11683535 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »

hmzimelka
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it?

I know this has been raised before, but I'm a bit confused regarding a few things.

Others have mentioned that they notice a colour tint which is thought to be caused by IR contamination.
This tint was usually magenta at the centre while green at the corners.

My findings are the other way around, but not quite symmetrical. I have reported it to Sigma, but haven't had any replies yet.

I wouldn't irritate me as much if it were more symmetrical in behaviour, or that I see the magenta effects on many of my vertically oriented images, with the right side magenta. it's especially annoying stitching vertical images. I can't seem to find any colour tint issues if I photograph a neutral subject indoors.

I realise my test scene is probably not a very good one, but it illustrates my issue. I shot a high section of a crystal clear sky, with the sun behind me. Once in normal orientation, and then the second with the camera upside-down.
The reason for the upside down shot was to show that the magenta tint was due to something camera related and not the scene.

First the sky shot

Normal orientation:
In LR4, WB sampled from the centre. Exposure set down, and contrast up.

Upside-Down:
Settings copy/pasted from the above image.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Previous versions of hmzimelka's message #11683535 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »