Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11674175 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Lenticular, very nice set, but the images look very flat to my eyes. I personally would have added tons of contrast in post
Allen, Rsolti, thank you!
Rsolti, beautiful colors and buttery bokeh from the Canon 100/2.
Ryankarr, what a wonderful set! All images are fantastic! My favourite is the last one.
Riakuma, congratulations! Colors and skin tones look excellent.

Only 2 days with the Sonnar 85/2, I am starting to feel this lens is not for me. It is too heavy at around 450 grams and doesn't balance well on the M9 even with the handgrip. I know this is not particular to the Sonnar as the Leica 90 AA weights and measures about the same. But compared to my previous tiny light weight Tele-Tessar 85/4, I would take the slower less high resolving 85/4. I think rangefinder cameras were not meant to be used with large lenses. I wonder how the M240 owners are doing with R glass.

When I handled the Prototype M240 along with the Leica Multifunction Grip at Photoplus in October I found that my 180mm f3.4 Apo Elmarit and my 100mm f2.8 Macro Apo Telyt lenses, though somewhat heavy, balanced reasonably well on the camera. Of course the combination does require handling the lens like on a manual focus SLR camera.

Rich

Jul 11, 2013 at 06:28 PM
naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Lenticular, very nice set, but the images look very flat to my eyes. I personally would have added tons of contrast in post
Allen, Rsolti, thank you!
Rsolti, beautiful colors and buttery bokeh from the Canon 100/2.
Ryankarr, what a wonderful set! All images are fantastic! My favourite is the last one.
Riakuma, congratulations! Colors and skin tones look excellent.

Only 2 days with the Sonnar 85/2, I am starting to feel this lens is not for me. It is too heavy at around 450 grams and doesn't balance well on the M9 even with the handgrip. I know this is not particular to the Sonnar as the Leica 90 AA weights and measures about the same. But compared to my previous tiny light weight Tele-Tessar 85/4, I would take the slower less high resolving 85/4. I think rangefinder cameras were not meant to be used with large lenses. I wonder how the M240 owners are doing with R glass.

When I handled the Prototype M240 along with the Leica Multifunction Grip at Photoplus in October I found that my 180mm f3.4 Apo Telyt and my 100mm f2.8 Macro Apo Telyt lenses, though somewhat heavy, balanced reasonably well on the camera. Of course the combination does require handling the lens like on a manual focus SLR camera.

Rich

Jul 11, 2013 at 04:02 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11674175 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »