Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Mitch Alland's message #11671377 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »

Mitch Alland
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

joe88/muc_marlin/edward, thanks. Yes, I agree that the composition and the light on the people is better in the second picture. The reason I had originally picked the first one is that I wanted some "psychological tension", but I must admit that the second man's shoulder just behind the first man compromises that somewhat. So, I'm still thinking about this and hope that I'll get some more comments

On the red color noise in the second picture: I haven't paid much attention to this because, as I mentioned in an earlier posting, I noticed that the JPGs exported from Lightroom 5 that I had "pushed" the most, and that had the highest effective ISO and the most noise, looked much noisier than the image in LR5. Doing a google search, I found the following recent statement from Adobe:

As mentioned here, a bug was introduced in Lightroom 5.0 where files exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings. We are working on a solution and will include it in our next update.

So this is merely an lR5 bug. Therefore, please don't pay attention to the red color noise in the second picture, although it's hard to ignore. I ignored it because my mind was only connecting with the image within LR5, which didin't have this annoying noise. It's amazing though that the Adobe beta testing process wasn't able to identify this JPG export problem before the final release.

—Mitch/Bangkok
Paris au rhythme de Basquiat and Other Poems [download link for book project]

Jul 11, 2013 at 05:09 AM
Mitch Alland
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

joe88/muc_marlin/edward, thanks. Yes, I agree that the composition and the light on the people is better in the second picture. The reason I had originally picked the first one is that I wanted some "psychological tension", but I must admit that the second man's shoulder just behind the first man compromises that somewhat. So, I'm still thinking about this and hope that I'll get some more comments

On the red color noise in the second picture: I haven't paid much attention to this because, as I mentioned in an earlier posting, I noticed that the JPGs exported from Lightroom 5 that I had "pushed" the most, and that had the highest effective ISO and the most noise, looked much noisier than the image in LR5. Doing a google search, I found the following statement, dated June 15, from Adobe:

As mentioned here, a bug was introduced in Lightroom 5.0 where files exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings. We are working on a solution and will include it in our next update.

So this is merely an lR5 bug. Therefore, please don't pay attention to the red color noise in the second picture, although it's hard to ignore. I ignored it because my mind was only connecting with the image within LR5, which didin't have this annoying noise. It's amazing though that the Adobe beta testing process wasn't able to identify this JPG export problem before the final release.

—Mitch/Bangkok
Paris au rhythme de Basquiat and Other Poems [download link for book project]

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Previous versions of Mitch Alland's message #11671377 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »