Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #11669674 « Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months »

douglasf13
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

FlyPenFly wrote:
douglasf13 wrote:
cputeq wrote:
Also bets on Zeiss easily porting their 35/2 on the RX1 into an RX1RL version.

The rear element of the RX1 (probably the largest I've seen in a wide angle lens for 135) is much too large, and the sensor to rear element distance is much too small to port this lens to an interchangeable version, which is why the RX1 concept will remain relevant. If Sony does use the current e-mount for the FF Nex, the lenses will be relatively huge, as theSuede has talked about. Think AF SLR lens + adapter in size.

I'd imagine the ratio will be similar to the difference between an X100s vs E1 + lens.

Yeah, probably, although keep in mind that X-mount and E-mount are relatively large compared to an aps-c sensor. If Sony uses the same e-mount for a FF sensor, then the difference will be even greater. Sony would have to design a new, much larger mount to keep the proportions the same as the X100 vs E1 + lens.

We need theSuede to weigh in here, since he probably knows more about the specific numbers here.

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:12 PM
douglasf13
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months

FlyPenFly wrote:
douglasf13 wrote:
cputeq wrote:
Also bets on Zeiss easily porting their 35/2 on the RX1 into an RX1RL version.

The rear element of the RX1 (probably the largest I've seen in a wide angle lens for 135) is much too large, and the sensor to rear element distance is much too small to port this lens to an interchangeable version, which is why the RX1 concept will remain relevant. If Sony does use the current e-mount for the FF Nex, the lenses will be relatively huge, as theSuede has talked about. Think AF SLR lens + adapter in size.

I'd imagine the ratio will be similar to the difference between an X100s vs E1 + lens.

Yeah, probably, although keep in mind that X-mount and E-mount are relatively large compared to an aps-c sensor. If Sony uses the same e-mount for a FF sensor, then the difference will be even greater. Sony would have to design a new, much larger mount to keep the proportions the same as the X100 vs E1 + lens.

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:09 PM

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #11669674 « Our prayers have been answered: Nex-FF in 2 months »