Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of kwoodard's message #11660538 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

kwoodard
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I know a lot of you here know that I like to tinker. Well, I was given a lens that had a loose element inside as well as being well used. I spent about 5 hours on it over the span of a few days, took it down about 80% and cleaned all the elements, put a dab of lube on the outer helicoil, cleaned off all the fungus, and reassembled. Resetting infinite focus was a bear, hope I NEVER have to do that again...I am not even sure it is set right as it is, will have to check with a tripod when its not so windy. Also, one of the inner elements appears to have been glued to the metal mount its supposed to just sit in. I thought it was trapped water (the lens had been dunked for our amusement, shots are a couple dozen pages back) but after two days in direct sunlight and 110+ degree heat AND THEN in a closed baggie with a desiccant sack, no change.

So, without further adieu, here is a sample from its first outing (which was just to my patio).

Nikkor-H.C. Auto 28/3.5 and a PK13 tube (so nearly 1:1)

_DSC8841 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Shots of the telescope will be later...

Jul 04, 2013 at 01:32 PM

Previous versions of kwoodard's message #11660538 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.