Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #11657165 « Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced! »

douglasf13
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
mogul wrote:
This thread cracks me up; Canon is implementing features Sony cameras have had for years.

Not as much as you crack me up. Didn't realise Sony had a sensor in which every pixel can do phase detect AF; oh that's right they don't. They use a partial mirror that loses 1/3 of the light coming through the lens, resulting in very ordinary (not so) high ISO performance. Look at an A77 above ISO 400 and it's not pretty. And if you go to a NEX 7 instead, which uses contrast detect AF instead, it's one of the slower AF performers in the segment.

When it comes to AF innovation, I don't think Sony first. They excel at sensors.

FWIW, and I'm not arguing that Sony has a similar sensor, but the NEX-5R and NEX-6 have on-sensor PDAF sensors, and so does the Fuji X100s. I think that is what mogul is referring to.

Jul 03, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #11657165 « Official: Canon EOS-70D Announced! »