Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11655457 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
pburke wrote:
rd4tile wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
rd4tile wrote:
Can someone give me their overall impression of the 50 – 300 F4.5 zoom?

If you\'re patient you\'ll surely get an answer from Rafael in San Diego who owns the lens and occasionally post images taken with it. He is very serious in his evaluation of gear, so he will doubtless give you a very good sense of what that lens is capable of doing in its various iterations. The last two versions have a different optical design and have ED elements added. I believe Rafael has the newest version, the AI-s.

Rafael works during the day and generally shows up late in the evening.

Thanks Curtis, I\'ll check back and now that I know he shoots with it I can look at some of his previous posts. I am looking for info specifically on the ED AI-S version.

Rich

if you just want to peek at some 50-30mm photos, check this link (it shows many from Rafael, since he hosts his images on Flickr, too)

http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/nikon/50300mmf45ais/

How does one get their pictures to show up like this? Do you have to tag your images in a certain way or do you have to be part of a group?

It is nothing I did on purpose, it must be the name and the Flickr Nikkor group official tag for the lens.

Jul 02, 2013 at 08:20 AM
rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
pburke wrote:
rd4tile wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
rd4tile wrote:
Can someone give me their overall impression of the 50 – 300 F4.5 zoom?

If you\'re patient you\'ll surely get an answer from Rafael in San Diego who owns the lens and occasionally post images taken with it. He is very serious in his evaluation of gear, so he will doubtless give you a very good sense of what that lens is capable of doing in its various iterations. The last two versions have a different optical design and have ED elements added. I believe Rafael has the newest version, the AI-s.

Rafael works during the day and generally shows up late in the evening.

Thanks Curtis, I\'ll check back and now that I know he shoots with it I can look at some of his previous posts. I am looking for info specifically on the ED AI-S version.

Rich

if you just want to peek at some 50-30mm photos, check this link (it shows many from Rafael, since he hosts his images on Flickr, too)

http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/nikon/50300mmf45ais/

How does one get their pictures to show up like this? Do you have to tag your images in a certain way or do you have to be part of a group?

It is nothing I did on purpose, it must be the name and the Nikkor group official tag for the lens.

Jul 01, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11655457 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.