Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11651377 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The 15mm saga continues, even though the lens is working well I decided to have Nikon fix it 100%, they charged $450, it is enough to replace one element instead of cleaning it the best they could. Here is the issue for reference, I sent these pics to Nikon, they always answer correspondence on their support site, Nikon requested photos to evaluate. Taken with 55mm 3.5.

The good lens a 15mm 5.6

nikkor 15mm 5.6 up close by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The not so good lens, the 15mm 3.5, this is not seen unless a really bright light is used. This is not and was not caused by fungus, I am an optics trained engineer, this is a factory defect in the coating.

by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/rafabatlle/]Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jun 30, 2013 at 03:20 PM
rafaelcasd

The 15mm saga continues, even though the lens is working well I decided to have Nikon fix it 100%, they charged $450, it is enough to replace one element instead of cleaning it the best they could. Here is the issue for reference, I sent these pics to Nikon, they always answer correspondence on their support site, Nikon requested photos to evaluate. Taken with 55mm 3.5.

The good lens a 15mm 5.6

Nikkor 55mm 1.2 _8SC Arrival by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The not so good lens, the 15mm 3.5, this is not seen unless a really bright light is used. This is not and was not caused by fungus, I am an optics trained engineer, this is a factory defect in the coating.

Nikkor 55mm 1.2 _9SC Arrival by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jun 30, 2013 at 06:49 AM
rafaelcasd

The good lens a 15mm 5.6

Nikkor 55mm 1.2 _8SC Arrival by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The not so good lens, the 15mm 5.6, this is not seen unless a really bright light is used. This is not and was not caused by fungus, I am an optics trained engineer, this is a factory defect in the coating.

Nikkor 55mm 1.2 _9SC Arrival by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jun 30, 2013 at 05:08 AM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11651377 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »