Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11650448 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Welcome Buddy.

I keep playing with the 15mm 3.5, I have complained to Nikon about not replacing the element, and having very slight haze still on it after cleaning. However it is performing so well, I might just drop my complaint.

Never been able to capture this surfboard so well, it is really mostly the light, the glass surface reflects so much, this lens allowed me to light it and approach it from the right angle, the damaging reflection is only at the top, with some from the bed below, will need to lay sheets at the bottom to light perfectly. This was taken diagonal with the D800, the picture is 7500 pixels long. NX2 stopped multithreading when this was tilted 30 degrees, had to save as 16 bit tiff and finish editing on the tiff. it is an oil painting on surfboard foam with fiberglass over, the oil painting will not be very sharp. it is \'panorama\' scroll right, this thing is more than 9 feet long..

Beauty Surfboard Nikkor 15mm 3.5 D800 at 11 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Crop

Beauty Surfboard Nikkor 15mm 3.5 D800 at 11 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jun 29, 2013 at 01:46 PM
rafaelcasd

Welcome Buddy.

I keep playing with the 15mm 3.5, I have complained to Nikon about not replacing the element, and having very slight haze still on it after cleaning. However it is performing so well, I might just drop my complaint.

Never been able to capture this surfboard so well, it is really mostly the light, the glass surface reflects so much, this lens allowed me to light it and approach it from the right angle, the damaging reflection is only at the top, will need to lay sheets at the bottom to light perfectly. This was taken diagonal with the D800, the picture is 7500 pixels long. NX2 stopped multithreading when this was tilted 30 degrees, had to save as 16 bit tiff and finish editing on the tiff. it is an oil painting on surfboard foam with fiberglass over, the oil painting will not be very sharp. it is \'panorama\' scroll right, this thing is more than 9 feet long..

Crop

Jun 29, 2013 at 01:45 PM
rafaelcasd

Welcome Buddy.

Never been able to capture this surfboard so well, it is really mostly the light, the glass surface reflects so much, this lens allowed me to light it and approach it from the right angle, the only damaging reflection is right at the top. This was taken diagonal with the D800, the picture is 7500 pixels long. NX2 stopped multithreading when this was tilted 30 degrees, had to save as 16 bit tiff and finish editing on the tiff. it is an oil painting on surfboard foam with fiberglass over, the oil painting will not be very sharp. it is \'panorama\' scroll right, this thing is more than 9 feet long..

Crop

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11650448 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.