Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of msalvetti's message #11650146 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

msalvetti
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Fascinating story I came across in my morning reading.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/2013/06/28/granville-coggs-rhythm-life/K768mFNKuupv8i6Dx76naL/story.html

Nice story, Laura. Thanks for bringing it up.

Edit: Top of page, so I might was well briefly mention what I\'ve been up to lately, since I\'ll be posting one of the few photos I\'ve taken in the last couple of months.

My supervisor, Dick, recently retired after 43 years with our firm. And he\'s only 61. He meant a lot to many of us, and we needed to find an appropriate parting gift. He and his wife bought a condo with an ocean view on Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA, and he\'s been telling us that if we need him, he\'ll be on that beach. He\'s also fond of saying \"The only easy day was yesterday\" (although he was never a SEAL). So we decided to combine those two concepts.

In early June I got up around 4am and drove down to Hull a couple of mornings to try and catch a good sunrise. I added a few words and had MPIX print it on Fuji Pearl. Then we all signed the margins. I took my inspiration from Jim\'s Glenn Smith print.

It came out great, and Dick loved the gesture. Gave me a nice warm feeling that I was able to create something that clearly meant a lot to him. Here\'s the image:

Mark

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
msalvetti

NightOwl Cat wrote:

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/2013/06/28/granville-coggs-rhythm-life/K768mFNKuupv8i6Dx76naL/story.html

Edit: Top of page, so I might was well briefly mention what I\'ve been up to lately, since I\'ll be posting one of the few photos I\'ve taken in the last couple of months.

My supervisor, Dick, recently retired after 43 years with our firm. And he\'s only 61. He meant a lot to many of us, and we needed to find an appropriate parting gift. He and his wife bought a condo with an ocean view on Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA, and he\'s been telling us that if we need him, he\'ll be on that beach. He\'s also fond of saying \"The only easy day was yesterday\" (although he was never a SEAL). So we decided to combine those two concepts.

In early June I got up around 4am and drove down to Hull a couple of mornings to try and catch a good sunrise. I added a few words and had MPIX print it on Fuji Pearl. Then we all signed the margins. I took my inspiration from Jim\'s Glenn Smith print.

It came out great, and Dick loved the gesture. Gave me a nice warm feeling that I was able to create something that clearly meant a lot to him. Here\'s the image:

Mark

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM
msalvetti

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Mark

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Previous versions of msalvetti's message #11650146 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.