Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11649378 « Should the chain go? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Should the chain go?

Recorded moment ... nah, leave it in even if it doesn\'t conform to \"ideal\" elements of composition.

It\'s really pretty miniscule and while it does lead down from the grandmother\'s face, the granddaughter\'s face is of sufficient tonal value to pull us back up. The weight/mass of the chain is pretty insignificant and the granddaughter\'s face easily outweighs it. Technically the lines do pull us down, but the weight is too little to do any real damage.

If I were going to do anything with it ... maybe reduce it\'s tonal value a smidgeon (or not).

A little burn to pull down the tonal value on the necklace, a little USM @ the faces, a little contrast reduction (faces partial masked). Just some push toward the faces, pull away from the chain. Nothing too drastic (I hope), but a slight/subtle shift away from it maybe.

Personally, without the title, I\'m not sure I\'d have really noticed much about it ... other than it reminds me of something my own grandmother would have worn.

Jun 29, 2013 at 07:25 AM
RustyBug

Recorded moment ... nah, leave it in even if it doesn\'t conform to ideal elements of composition.

It\'s really pretty miniscule and while it does lead down from the grandmother\'s face, the granddaughter\'s face is of sufficient tonal value to pull us back up. The weight/mass of the chain is pretty insignificant and the granddaughter\'s face easily outweighs it. Technically the lines do pull us down, but the weight is too little to do any real damage.

If I were going to do anything with it ... maybe reduce it\'s tonal value a smidgeon (or not).

A little burn to pull down the tonal value on the necklace, a little USM @ the faces, a little contrast reduction (faces partial masked). Just some push toward the faces, pull away from the chain. Nothing too drastic (I hope), but a slight/subtle shift away from it maybe.

Personally, without the title, I\'m not sure I\'d have really noticed much about it ... other than it reminds me of something my own grandmother would have worn.

Jun 29, 2013 at 07:23 AM
RustyBug

Recorded moment ... nah, leave it in even if it doesn\'t conform to ideal elements of composition.

Personally, without the title, I\'m not sure I\'d have really notice much about it ... other than it reminds me of something my own grandmother would have worn.

Jun 29, 2013 at 07:23 AM
RustyBug

Personally, without the title, I\'m not sure I\'d have really notice much about it ... other than it reminds me of something my own grandmother would wear.

Jun 29, 2013 at 07:22 AM
RustyBug

Personally, without the title, I\'m not sure I\'d have really notice much about it ... other than it reminds me of something my own grandmother would wear.

Jun 28, 2013 at 09:48 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11649378 « Should the chain go? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.