Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11646376 « Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R Full Frame with no AA filter »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R Full Frame with no AA filter

douglasf13 wrote:
My favorite thing about the RX1R is that I\'m not tempted to upgrade.

Single focal length only kills it for me.

The main advantage to FF is the dof, fov, more real estate for larger pixels or more pixels (or combination of choice). Of the three advantages to FF .. fov is the one most challenging to pull off with crop formats. So, why limit FF to 35mm? Or are they going to try to do like Sigma with a set of single focal lengths?

My first \"real camera\" was a Yashica rangefinder with the 50/1.4, so I get being able to shoot with a single focal length. But in today\'s realm ... I\'m waiting for them to bring it to market with interchangeable lenses. I shoot with FF non-AA filter in the form of the Kodak SLR/C (dinosaur, I know), so I appreciate the non-AA filter more than most .. but single FL just doesn\'t make sense to me for that kind of $$$.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11646376 « Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R Full Frame with no AA filter »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.