Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of muc_marlin's message #11645964 « Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread »

muc_marlin
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Gary: thanks! Like 3 and 4, the 180/3.4 APO must be a sweet lens!

Ryan: welcome back! Looking in their faces, is like looking in one! So much a like...

joe: the 2. looks like a lot of fun, the 3. a lot of nice impressions on the faces, very nice!
Although ISO 3200 on the M Typ 240 looks decent, they still have to catch up with the competition. But if we stay with Leica, it is a hough improvement to previous generations. It seems, that the color doesn\'t lose much.

My impression so far? Well, I truly love it! Because Landscape is my only interest, the packing size, weight and the superb quality of the lenses, I am sure it was the right decision. I have/had a terrific Nikon setup, but the size and weight was stressing me. I am 40 years right know and do a lot of hiking with my Husky, and I hate to admit it, but I feel that I am not anymore 25 years old. Therefore, when I am on a day-or multiple day trip, really appreciate the savings in volume and weight. Of course there are lighter and less expensive choices out there, but I just simply love photography, and it is so rewarding to \"work\" with the Leica gear. The build quality and the feel of the lenses and body\'s are simply in a different league, this doesn\'t make better pictures, but since this is a passion to me, it gives me more pleasure. If just \"getting the pic\" was important to me, I stayed with Nikon in the first place, it is the universal tool for just everything! The M9 generation with it\'s miserable battery, no live view and no weather sealing is by far not perfect, but the pictures I got so far, are for me personal rewarding enough. Because of the battery I am looking a bit anxious forward to the first winter, but then, this just might be the moment when the MP get\'s more use.

Doug: congrats to the new lens!

Ron: thanks! It\'s always fun to test new stuff....

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:41 PM
muc_marlin
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Gary: thanks! Like 3 and 4, the 180/3.4 APO must be a sweet lens!

Ryan: welcome back! Looking in their faces, is like looking in one! So much a like...

joe: the 2. looks like a lot of fun, the 3. a lot of nice impressions on the faces, very nice!
Although ISO 3200 on the M Typ 240 looks decent, they still have to catch up with the competition. But if we stay with Leica, it is a hough improvement to previous generations. It seems, that the color doesn\'t lose much.

My impression so far? Well, I truly love it! Because Landscape is my only interest, the packing size, weight and the superb quality of the lenses, I am sure it was the right decision. I have/had a terrific Nikon setup, but the size and weight was stressing me. I am 40 years right know and do a lot of hiking with my Husky, and I hate to admit it, but I feel that I am not anymore 25 years old. Therefore, when I am on a day-or multiple day trip, really appreciate the savings in volume and weight. Of course there a lighter and less expensive choices out there, but I just simply love photography, and it is so rewarding to \"work\" with the Leica gear. The build quality and the feel of the lenses and body\'s are simply in a different league, this doesn\'t make better pictures, but since this is a passion to me, it gives me more pleasure. If just \"getting the pic\" was important to me, I stayed with Nikon in the first place, it is the universal tool for just everything! The M9 generation with it\'s miserable battery, no live view and no weather sealing is by far not perfect, but the pictures I got so far, are for me personal rewarding enough. Because of the battery I am looking a bit anxious forward to the first winter, but then, this just might be the moment when the MP get\'s more use.

Dough: congrats to the new lens!

Ron: thanks! It\'s always fun to test new stuff....

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:17 AM

Previous versions of muc_marlin's message #11645964 « Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.