Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of TerryCzap's message #11645844 « Did you say "BITE ME"? - Prairie Rattler »

TerryCzap
Upload & Sell: Off
Did you say "BITE ME"? - Prairie Rattler

Several years ago I was taking a morning walk along a dirt road a few miles from this location. At one point I turned around (still walking) to view the scene behind me. I probably walked 40 or 50 feet in this manner then stopped for a minute. When I reversed direction and faced forwards, a 5 foot rattler was basking in the suns warmth, perpendicular, across the road, a short 3 inches from my toes. I slowly backed up. He didn\'t move. It seems they get real calm when sunning. This event taught me a lot about the \"real\" nature of snakes, vs the Hollywood scripts.

The snake in this thread surprised me in that I drove over him at 30 mph (straddled), and he did not move or coil. I would have thought he\'d freak out after being run over by a monster, like an SUV.

Jun 27, 2013 at 08:03 AM

Previous versions of TerryCzap's message #11645844 « Did you say "BITE ME"? - Prairie Rattler »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.